This project was strictly a make-do on all counts. First there has been my desire for a new summer coverlet or spread for my bed. Between budget increases due to higher costs and the lack of things I thought suitable in the stores, I was left with a 'make-do'. I flipped an old quilt over to the plain backing, which is a nice creamy color. That suited me better than any of the patterned bedspreads and comforters and quilts I'd seen to date.
But it seemed a bit bland. I wanted to put away the shams I'd used all winter, but we were right back to the two previous problems, lack of funds and not liking what I found.
Eventually I remembered some fabric I had. Not enough though to do shams with. Then I brought out another fabric. I tried a swatch against the quilt and loved it.
When I cut out the shams I made an error. I forgot to cut the back fabric long enough to allow for an envelope type opening to slip the pillow into. I had more fabric but didn't want to waste what I had. So I 'made-do' yet again. I chose to make just plain pillow slips. This is the result of all my making do!
Join with Heidi at Cranberry Chronicles...Leave a comment saying you are sharing a project and let others see how you 'Make Do and Mend'.