Monday, May 16, 2011

Menu Monday: Busy Week Ahead

This week I'm busy busy busy.  I've got yardwork projects going on, I've got porch projects, I have a big living room project I want to start, I've got a bedroom makerovers going on...Then I have routine work, shopping, errands, a car to service, hair appointment, cookout, special class, synagogue....Whew!  My goal this week: eat at home.  That means I need to have prepared foods to reheat, or crockpot meals. 

Monday:  Margherita Pizza, Green Salad
I have fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and fresh basil on hand.  It seems a good time to make a pizza I've wanted to try for a good while.  I'll partially bake a second pizza crust, then make a pizza to pop in the freezer for a meal next week.
While the pizza dough is rising, I'll get busy making a few make ahead items for the week ahead.

Tuesday:  Roast Chicken, Potato Salad, Lemon Dill Green Beans, Crusty Bread
I hope to buy a deli roast chicken and a baguette today while I'm out shopping.  I'll make the potato salad on Monday.

Wednesday:  Chicken, Pear and Walnut Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing,  Crusty Bread and Butter, Ice Cream  Sandwiches

The salad is just as good with a raspberry vinegarette dressing...but I'll have blue cheese since I know that Chance likes it and the blue cheese is delicious with the pears and walnuts.  Leftover bread, toasted, and homemade ice cream sandwiches (grahams and ice cream, made on Monday) should make a nice meal.

Thursday:  Beef Shish Kebab, Wild Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Alan is due here to do more yard work and part of our bargaining included me feeding him dinner. I have zucchini, mushroom and vidalia onions to go on the skewers.  I'll start the meat marinating in Italian dresing Wednesday night,then assemble the kebabs in the morning so all I need do is run them under the broiler to cook. 

Friday:  Twice Baked Potatoes, Tossed Salad, Biscuits
We'll eat a small dinner today, since we're going to a cook out. I'm taking baked beans and thinking I might carry a pan of brownies as well.

Saturday:  Subway Sandwiches, chips, Apples
After the week just past, I think we'll just stop in town for a $5 footlong (I have coupons) and we'll take a break from cooking and clean up.

Sunday:  Meat Loaf, Green Peas, Spinach and Apple Salad, Corn Muffins
Freezer meat loaf and peas will bake in the oven (the peas covered to steam), alongside the corn muffins.  I'll slice an apple into pre-washed fresh spinach.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you ever blog any of your recipes?
Because, I am always interested in trying new ones.