Monday, July 4, 2011

Menu Monday - Carrying On



I've said before and I'll likely say again, The world can be coming to an end, but someone wants to know "What's for supper?" just the same!  Well the world hasn't ended, the heart is only a little sore, and life does indeed go on.  Menu plans for the week follow.

Monday:  BBQ Chicken, Potatoes au Gratin, Garden Pea Salad, Sliced Tomatoes
We hadn't made any big plans for today and I'm glad we didn't.  A simple meal at home will suit me  best today.

Tuesday:  Calzones, Green Salad
Leftover spaghetti sauce will make an easy dinner for today.  I'll make up half a batch of pizza dough.

Wednesday:  Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes, Crackers, Grapes
Hot weather, busy days require easier meals.  This one will go equally well into the work lunch.

Thursday:   Cubed Steaks, Squash Casserole, Potatoes with Green Beans
With fresh produce abounding, it's nice to return to meals such as I ate in childhood.  The table burgeoned with fresh prepared produce then.

Friday:  Sloppy Joes, Buns, Chips, Coleslaw
I'll 'stretch' the sloppy joe meat with lots of addtional vegetables.  I learned this trick from a Weight Watcher's cookbook and it truly is a tasty meal. 

Saturday:  Pasta with Ricotta and Tomato, Green Salad, Fresh Baked Bread
I found a recipe on one of the Brands (can't remember which one) sites for an easy and delicious sounding pasta dish.  It's 1/4 cup butter mixed with 1 cup ricotta and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 diced tomato, 2 tbsps fresh juliened basil, and 8 ounces hot, cooked Fettucini pasta.  Mix and serve.

Sunday: Leftovers
The challenge is very nearly at an end, and I want to use all the foods left from this week's meals.  I am sure there will be a few things that will need to be used.

No comments: